Maui’s North Shore
There is a lot to do in the neighborhood of Maui by the Sea. Why choose the North Shore of Maui and the Maui by the Sea cottage?
Because You Want t . . .
- Get away from the tourists and the big hotels
- Feel “at home” on vacation in Hawaii with an ocean view
- Enjoy the cooler weather (still hot, don’t worry)
- Watch some spectacular waves and the breaching whales (winter only)
- Be closer to the roads to Hana, Haleakala Crater and Kula
- Visit Paia, Hookipa and Makawao almost daily
Or simply Because . . .
- You are a windsurfer or a kite surfer
- A yoga addict
- On your honeymoon and you want to take long walks on Baldwin Beach with your honey
- Just because it is . . .green, charming, beautiful and wild
The North Shore is, Let’s Say, the Opposite of the South Shore
You can still drive and visit over there, we won’t be jealous. Our cottage is less than a mile away from Paia, so it is very convenient. Paia is a famous old plantation town, it has just what you need: a bank, a post office, grocery stores, even an organic one (Mana Foods), clothes shops, surf shops and a dozen restaurants!
Here is a List to Whet your Appetite :
In order coming from Kahului…
On the ocean side of Hana Hwy:
- Paia Bowls
- Flatbread Company, organic pizzas baked over wood fire in clay oven
- Paia Inn Cafe
- Hana Bay Picnic, sandwiches, salad and smoothie bar
- Paia Gelato Company, dozen of ice cream flavors
- Paia Bay Coffee, behind San Lorenzo, our third favorite
- Aloha Island Shaved Ice
- Tobi’s Shave Ice, great poke bowls.
- The Wine Corner, fine wines, micro beers, spirits and now coffee bar.
- Thai Spice,
- Kuau Mart, Deli and local lunch plates to take out
On the mountain side of Hana Hwy:
- Sip me, coffee bar inside Biasa Rose
- Paia Fish Market, fish, fish and more (our favorite)
- Milagro’s, Mexican food
- Charley’s, American food and sports bar
- Rock and Brews, American comfort food and locally inspired dishes. Craft beers.
On Baldwin Avenue:
- Café Mambo, South American food
- Café des Amis, crêperie, curries & Mediterranean food
- Mana Foods, health food store with salad bar to go and Maka vegetarian deli
- Sip me
- Island Fresh Cafe, further up on the left side, yoga studio.
And, Located ½ Mile From Our Cottage Toward Hookipa:
- Mama’s Fish House, the ultimate experience for Hawaiian dining. A must!
- We hope you will come and see for yourself!