Maui by the Sea Amenities
- Private cottage, 150 feet from ocean, rocky shoreline in front of the property but walking distance to sandy beach
- Area: 500 square feet, upstairs + 200 square feet of covered lanai
- Downstairs is the open garage for your car
- View: Ocean-view, West Maui Mountains, Haleakala Volcano, and Garden
- Bedroom: 1
- Bed: 1 Queen Bed
- 100% cotton linen
- Sofa bed Full size for additional guest(s) ($35/night)
- Crib – High chair – child safety gate ($50/stay)
- Bathroom: 1
- Bath Towels + Beach Towels
- Full kitchen (No dishwasher but everything else: microwave oven, toaster, electric kettle, Ninja blender, rice cooker, coffee maker, etc.). For coffee lovers we also provide electric and hand grinders, a French and Aeropress.
- Bosch washer/dryer in unit
- Central Air Conditioning + Ceiling fans in both rooms
- Filtered drinking water
- Whole house chlorine filter
- Samsung HD Flat Screen TV (48″) + Blu-ray DVD
- Free wireless Internet access for your laptop
- Free local calls, in-state calls and calls to Canada
- Alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- Iron and iron board
- Books and board games
- Beach chairs
- Yoga mat
- Weber gas grill, upstairs on deck
- Covered Parking, secure location for vehicle, gear and belongings
- Locking gate with private code
- Master Lock for cottage keys
- Combination Safe
- Beach access at walking distance
- Supplies provided for every new arrival (Paper towels, toilet paper, liquid soaps for the bathroom and kitchen, trash bags)
We are a no-smoking facility. Absolutely no smoking, no candle burning inside or outside the unit nor on the property.
The Maui by the Sea cottage is located behind our house, privately nestled among a lush tropical vegetation of fruit trees, heliconias and bamboos: far enough from the main house that we all have our privacy and close enough that we are always available for your needs (Directions, info or talk stories).
You can walk down the road (just past 5 houses) to a sweet little white sand beach. From there you can swim, kayak, snorkel, or surf, or just watch the windsurfers going for their daily “fishing trip”, or the local fishermen throwing nets. You can also stay home, come down and enjoy the spectacular view on the ocean side of the property.
There is a Rental Agreement to read, sign and email back at time of booking.
Maui by the Sea Cottage sits off of Hana Highway (it is not a “highway” as mainlanders understand it, it is a 2 lane road).There can at times be excessive road noise. However, we have good insulation and have added Central Air Conditioning to minimize the problem.
From the guest cottage you look over the roof of the owner’s house to the ocean. Our guests are very welcome to walk anywhere on the property and use the lawn chairs by the ocean. There is no beach in front of the property, it is a rocky shoreline, yet it is possible to access to the water for snorkeling and surfing.
A sandy beach is 200 yards from the cottage.