Maui’s North Shore
There is a lot to do in the neighborhood of Maui by the Sea. Why choose the North Shore of Maui and the Maui by the Sea cottage?
Because You Want t . . .
- Get away from the tourists and the big hotels
- Feel “at home” on vacation in Hawaii with an ocean view
- Enjoy the cooler weather (still hot, don’t worry)
- Watch some spectacular waves and the breaching whales (winter only)
- Be closer to the roads to Hana, Haleakala Crater and Kula
- Visit Paia, Hookipa and Makawao almost daily
Or simply Because . . .
- You are a windsurfer or a kite surfer
- A yoga addict
- On your honeymoon and you want to take long walks on Baldwin Beach with your honey
- Just because it is . . .green, charming, beautiful and wild
The North Shore is, Let’s Say, the Opposite of the South Shore
You can still drive and visit over there, we won’t be jealous. Our cottage is less than a mile away from Paia, so it is very convenient. Paia is a famous old plantation town, it has just what you need: a bank, a post office, grocery stores, even an organic one (Mana Foods), clothes shops, surf shops and a dozen restaurants!
Here is a List to Whet your Appetite :
- Paia Fish Market, fish, fish and more (our favorite)
- Dazoo, gourmet food with gluten and vegan entrees, live music twice a week at night
- Café des Amis, crêperie, curries & Mediterranean food
- Milagros, Mexican food
- Café Mambo, South American food
- Charley’s, American food and sports bar
- Rock and Brews, American comfort food and locally inspired dishes. Craft beers.
- Fresh Mint, vegetarian Thai
- Flat Bread Pizza, organic pizzas baked over wood fire in clay oven
- Mana Foods, health food store with salad bar to go
- Kuau Mart, Local lunch plates to take out
- Anthony’s coffee, fresh roasted coffee, breakfast
- Hana Bay Picnic, sandwiches, salad and smoothie bar
- Ono Gelato, dozen of ice cream flavors
- Tobi’s shave ice
- Tortillas Burrito Company
- The Wine Corner, fine wines, micro beers, spirits.
- Paia Bay Coffee
And, Located ½ Mile From Our Cottage Toward Hookipa:
- Mama’s Fish House, the ultimate experience for Hawaiian dining. A must!
- We hope you will come and see for yourself!