Maui by the Sea rates & policies
- Nightly Rate $275 + 13.42% tax.
- Rate is for 1 or 2 persons. Add $35/day for one additional guest.
- Reservation is held by a $400 down payment due upon receipt of reservation invoice. Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- Payments: by US check (if a Canadian check, indicate US funds); by Paypal (with debit/credit card), a 3% transaction fee applies for PayPal US payments - 4% for International PayPal payments. International wire transfer fee $15/transaction.
- Minimum stay 7 nights. Want to stay fewer days? At certain times of the year, or for last minute bookings, we might waive the minimum nights stay. Please don't hesitate to inquire.
- 10% discount for 30 days or more.
- If you cancel prior to 60 days before arrival, we will refund your down payment less a cancellation fee of 20% off the total amount of the booking to cover expenses incurred and lost booking opportunities, and less all applicable agent and credit card fees.
- If you cancel within 60 days prior to arrival, you will receive your deposit refunded for days rebooked minus 20% cancellation fee (see above).
Check-in and out
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM or later
- Check-out is at 12:00 PM or earlier
- We are flexible if there is no arrival the next day
Maui by the Sea Cottage sits off of Hana Highway (it is not a "highway" as mainlanders understand it, it is a 2 lane road).There can at times be excessive road noise. However, we have good insulation and have added air conditioning to minimize the problem.
From the guest cottage you look over the roof of the owner's house to the ocean. Our guests are very welcome to walk anywhere on the property and use the lawn chairs by the ocean. There is no beach in front of the property, it is a rocky shoreline, yet it is possible to access to the water for snorkeling and surfing.
A sandy beach is 200 yards from the cottage.
Directions to Maui by the Sea
Maui by the Sea is located at 523 Hana Hwy, between Paia and Kuau. For GPS owners: N 20° 55.347' W 156° 22.355' As you leave the airport from Keolani Place (380), drive all the way to the first traffic light, go straight on Dairy Road (Big KMart is on your left) to the next traffic light, turn left on Hana Hwy (36). Stay on Hana Hwy for 7 miles. Once you arrive in Paia town it is less than one mile to the cottage (exactly 0.7 mile). Look on the left for the house with the blue tile roof. You are almost there. Slow down as you see the rock wall with 519 green numbers on it, the cottage is just after the rock wall. Look for the white mailbox with 523 blue numbers. Turn left in front of the white gate and press the last four digits of your home phone number or the code given to you on the keypad. Or press the call button.
Drive to the right, and park underneath the cottage. The cottage is open, the keys are on the countertop, please make sure you make yourself familiar with the cottage information by reading the welcome letter.
523 Hana Highway
Paia, Maui, Hawaii 96779
# CP 2001/0018
HT ID W04886148-01