Maui by the Sea ocean-view cottage
- Private cottage, 150 feet from ocean, rocky shoreline in front of the property but walking distance to sandy beach
- Area: 500 square feet, upstairs + 200 square feet of covered lanai
- Downstairs is the open garage for your car
- View: Ocean-view, West Maui Mountains, Haleakala Volcano, and Garden
- Bedroom: 1
- Bed: 1 Queen Bed
- 100% cotton linen
- Extra floor foam futon(s) for additional child(ren) (see rates)
- Crib - High chair - child safety gate ($50/stay)
- Bathroom: 1
- Towels + beach towels
- Full kitchen (No dishwasher but everything else: microwave oven, toaster, electric kettle, Ninja blender, rice cooker, coffee maker, etc.). For coffee lovers we can also provide electric and hand grinders, a French and aeropress. Just ask us.
- Bosch washer/dryer in unit
- Air conditioning + Ceiling fans in both rooms
- Filtered drinking water
- Whole house chlorine filter
- Samsung HD Flat Screen TV (48") + Blu-ray DVD
- Free wireless Internet access for your laptop
- Free local calls, in-state calls and calls to Canada
- Alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- Iron and iron board
- Books and board games
- Beach chairs
- Weber gas grill, upstairs on deck
- Covered Parking, secure location for vehicle, gear and belongings
- Locking gate with private code
- Master Lock for cottage keys
- Combination Safe
- Beach access at walking distance
- Supplies provided for every new arrival (Paper towels, toilet paper, liquid soaps for the bathroom and kitchen, trash bags)
We are a no-smoking facility. Absolutely no smoking, no candle burning inside or outside the unit nor on the property.
The Maui by the Sea cottage is located behind our house, privately nestled amongst a lush tropical vegetation of fruit trees, heliconias and bamboos: far enough from the main house that we all have our privacy and close enough that we are always available for your needs (Directions, info or talk stories).
You can walk down the road (just past 5 houses) to a sweet little white sand beach. From there you can swim, kayak, snorkel, or surf, or just watch the windsurfers going for their daily “fishing trip”, or the local fishermen throwing nets. You can also stay home, come down and enjoy the spectacular view on the ocean side of the property.
Your hosts at the Maui by the Sea cottage: Craig and Valerie Richter
Hi, I am Craig: I was born in Seattle and grew up in Spokane, Washington. I loved sports growing-up, especially tennis. I participated in lots of competitions and later became a tennis coach. As a child my parents brought us to Maui several times and eventually I became a Tennis Coach both on Maui and Kauai prior to moving to Hong Kong for 12 years, after which I returned to Maui, met Valerie and have never left. I have been a dedicated tennis coach here on Maui for over 15 years (see my blog).
Bonjour, I am Valerie: I was born and grew up in Paris, France and became a sports photographer, working for a Windsurfing Magazine, Planche Mag, in the 80's. As a Windsurfing Photographer I traveled around the world following the Windsurfing World Cup, but of all the places my work took me, I loved Maui the best and on Maui I finally settled in 1989.
We are active in our church and in studying the Scripture. When we aren't looking after our guests, we love to play tennis, hike, ski and travel (though not very often since we have a hard time leaving Maui), and Valerie loves Watercolor and Pastel painting and still takes lots of photographs.
We hope you will come and join us in our little paradise, Aloha, Craig and Valerie
523 Hana Highway
Paia, Maui, Hawaii 96779
# CP 2001/0018
HT ID W04886148-01
BOOK WITH US DIRECT AND SAVE!
We are on vrbo, flipkey/tripadvisor & airbnb, all of which charge extra booking fees. Compare prices and you will see, by booking directly with us you will save.
Maui by the Sea Cottage
Promote Your Page Too
Ocean view from the bedroom
The yard is a tropical garden - hibiscus